Join the Portland NFBPA
- All local chapter members must first join the national organization. Apply here.
- Apply for the Portland Chapter by contacting Mark Lewis, Chapter President.
NFBPA is proud to offer the following services and programs to meet the management and professional development needs of its national membership:
- National Network — the opportunity to participate in a vibrant, national network of the nation’s most respected Black public professionals and a unique forum in which to exchange management innovations, professional development techniques and skills building strategies.
- Membership Card and Lapel Pin — Carry the card and wear the pin to let colleagues know of your involvement in the nation’s premier association of black public leadership. National Membership Directory — An invaluable tool for networking with peers in public management, the directory contains an alphabetical listing of the association’s membership. The Forum Magazine — NFBPA’s informative and widely-read quarterly publication. Look to The Forum for practical advice on professional development and insight on social and economic concerns impacting the Black community.
- Career Services — NFBPA provides premier employment resources for recruiters and job seekers through NFBPA’s Career Link and Career Center. Career Link is the organization's monthly recruitment publication. Career Center is the NFBPA's interactive online job board which gives recruiters access to the most qualified talent pool to fulfill staffing needs. Active job seekers can showcase their skills and work experience to prospective employers to find the best job opportunities.
- Discounts on Car Rentals — Discounts are available at Avis, and Hertz agencies.
- Local Chapters — Members have the opportunity to associate or develop local or regional chapters of the NFBPA.
- Participation in NFBPA Task Forces, Advisory Councils and Constituent Groups — Link with your peers from across the country in cooperative forums to address critical issues.